What is this course about?
This course is designed to teach you proven skills and techniques that will allow you to present at an advanced level. The course is ideal for anyone who has some experience of giving presentations but wishes to take their skills to the next level.
The course emphasis is on impact and delivery. Delegates are given plenty of opportunity to practice their skills within the safe environment of the training room.
Key topics covered
- Importance of proper planning and preparation
- Psychology of self motivation and self-esteem
- Communication skills when delivering the presentation
- Workshop – The ‘secrets’ of PowerPoint
- Using visuals to ‘enhance’ your presentation
- Workshop – designing the visual
- The impromptu presentation workshop
- When and how to use the flipchart
- Working your audience
- Workshop – presenting without visuals
- Techniques for different sizes of audiences
- Presenting to persuade / influence the audience
- How to present with a colleague or a team
- Getting the environment right
Who would benefit?
Anyone wishing to move their presentation skills to the next level.
At the end of the programme, those who have attended will be able to:
- Structure an effective presentation to engage the audience and maintain interest
- Confirm the elements of good practice in presentation techniques
- Examine ways of improving their impact
- Develop their confidence when speaking to others
- Identify what is looked for in a good presentation
- Perfect their techniques for dealing with questions / objections and probing
- Enhance their image
Key topics covered
1. Importance of proper planning and preparation
- Researching your subject
- Having a clearly defined objective
- Developing your agenda slide
- Planning your start
- Stage-managing your finish
- Planning your ‘bridge-building’ breaks
- Rehearsing before the event
2. Psychology of self motivation and self-esteem
- Getting yourself in the right frame of mind
- Psyching yourself up – building your confidence
- Looking and feeling ‘the part’
- Establishing your ‘street cred’ – your right to be there
- Managing / controlling the nerves
3. Communication skills when delivering the presentation
- Projecting the voice
- Hearing the voice (using audio tape)
- Using active language and powerwords
- Watching your body language and that of your audience
- The art of painting pictures when presenting
- Beating the ‘boredom factor’
4. Workshop – The ‘secrets’ of PowerPoint
- During this workshop we will explain the finer points of using PowerPoint to maximum effect and delegates will have the opportunity to practice the techniques themselves.
5. Using visuals to ‘enhance’ your presentation
- What is a visual?
- How many?
- How much copy?
- Less is more
- Effective use of bar graphs, pie charts etc
- Use of graphics – avoid being ‘too clever’
6. Workshop – designing the visual
- Groups will be given a message to get across and asked to design a single visual to achieve this objective.
7. The impromptu presentation workshop
- How to present when put on the spot in a meeting, with no time to prepare
8. When and how to use the flipchart
- Using the flipchart as an alternative to or instead of a laptop
- How to maximize the interactive nature of the flipchart
- When to use pre-prepared charts
- Audience involvement – getting them to write on the chart
10. Working your audience
- Gaining knowledge of the audience beforehand
- Analysing / managing their expectations
- Handling questions
- Dealing with interruptions and staying in control
- Leaving them wanting more
11. Workshop – presenting without visuals
- Each delegate will be be required to present for 5 minutes without the use of any visuals relying exclusively on the voice and the body language
12. Techniques for different sizes of audiences
- Common denominators
- Necessary modifications for small and large audiences
- Presenting one-to-one
13. Presenting to persuade / influence the audience
- Selling the benefits
- Why would they ‘want to do it’
- The what’s in it for them factor
- Use of you and your rather than I and we
- Getting buy-in to your proposal
14. How to present with a colleague or a team
- Agreeing beforehand exactly who is doing what
- Having seamless changeovers
- Avoiding having too many changeovers
- Deciding who is going to handle which questions
15. Getting the environment right
- Room layout
16. Summary , review and closing workshop
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget.To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.