What is this course about?
This is a highly participative two day programme using different media including, video, laptop computers, and role-play. Sessions include self-assessment tools, case studies and practical sessions with the tutor. It will equip managers, team leaders, HR professionals and executives with the skills to enable them to become effective facilitators.
Key topics covered
- The changing role of the facilitator
- Planning successful sessions
- The dynamic facilitator
- Tackling different facilitation challenges
Who would benefit?
- Team leaders
- HR Professionals
- Anyone wishing to make group situations more effective
At the end of the workshop participants will:
- Learn how to research, plan and design effective facilitation sessions
- Acquire a range of facilitation / instructional techniques including how to plan and facilitate a range of different groups sessions
- Gain ‘hands on’ practical experience in facilitation and group skills
- Become aware of their own facilitator style and how this contributes to a successful session
Key topics covered
- The changing role of the Facilitator (AP perspective)
- Exploring new ways to facilitate, instruct and manage group communication (self-assessment diagnostic)
- What makes facilitation exciting and effective?
2. Planning successful sessions
- Using the Power of 7 toolkit to plan and structure the sessions
- How to create a balanced programme
- Managing the environment – room layout, equipment etc
- How to make the best use of PowerPoint and other visual support media
- The Human Bio clock – ‘what activities to do when’ – achieving the perfect schedule
3. The dynamic facilitator
- Understanding ‘the audience’
- Developing self confidence and overcoming nervousness and anxiety (tips and techniques)
- The psychology of instruction (practical hands-on session with video)
- Starting, maintaining and ending effective facilitation sessions
- The ins and outs of ‘psychological judo’ – dealing with challenging participants
- Projecting one’s best side (how not to be boring)
- Involvement tactics for the dynamic facilitator (behavioural session)
4. Tackling different facilitation challenges
- How to deal with different material e.g. technical and financial topics
- Planning and delivering outstanding sessions on a variety of topics
- How to use case studies, simulations and other behavioural methods effectively
- Reinforcement and follow-up strategies for facilitators
- One to one coaching interventions
- Working with sensitivity and discretion
- Assessing one’s own strengths and weaknesses
- Planning for future improvement
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.