What is this course about?
All companies are in the business of making money. Contracts can be established but if customers do not pay in an agreed time frame then the Profit and Loss account will suffer.
This one day course is designed to support those responsible for making sure money is received for goods and services. It will introduce techniques to enhance the payment process and encourage constructive attitudes and actions when dealing with delays.
Individuals will see the importance of their role in the process of minimising the risk of late payers and bad debts and that they are part of the team generating value for the company.
Key topics covered
- The payment tracking system
- Customer handling
- Communication styles and their consequences
- Call management and control
- Managing more difficult situations
- Taking Action
Who would benefit?
Anyone involved in credit control within their organisation.
At the end of the course, those attending will have:
- Understood the procedures in their system
- Seen where they fit in
- A shared understanding of the company’s philosophy
- Evaluated the difference between a passive, aggressive or an assertive approach
- Identified with whom they need to build rapport
- Developed techniques for opening conversations and getting specific commitment from customers without alienating them
- Established what to do when they hit a ‘brick wall’ and matters must be escalated
Key topics covered
- Personal introductions
- Flavour of the day
2. The payment tracking system
- The system
- Relationships – customers and business partners
- Your role in the system – its significance in customer handling
3. Customer handling
- The ingredients and benefits of excellent client handling
- Some Company watchwords
- The Company’s attitude and target protocol
4. Communication styles and their consequences
- Differences between assertive, aggressive and submissive behaviour
- The outcomes of different styles
- An assertiveness charter
- An assertive framework for clear, positive communication
5. Call management and control
- Who to get to know and who does what
- First things first – establishing parameters of responsibility and preparing for the call
- Setting the Scene – opening and building rapport
- Controlling the call assertively – Statements / Questions / Check-backs / Other powerful options
- Getting responses
- Concluding the call to generate action
6. Managing more difficult situations
- Listening openly and non-judgmentally
- Handling common excuses
- Persuading and influencing – what to use on whom
- The broken record technique
- Reaching an agreeable solution
- Who deals with what?
- What happens next?
- Outside agencies – what they do and how they do it
- Action points
- Outstanding queries
- The next step
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.