What is this course about?
Providing excellent customer service is vital in any organisation in both the private and public sector. As the old phrase goes you never get a second chance to make a first impression and your customer service delivery has to be as good as it possibly can be from the first contact through to resolution. The great news is that the skills required to provide excellence in customer service can be learned and with practice can be perfected.
GA Training’s flagship customer service programme “Excellence in Customer Service” has been running now for almost 20 years. In this time we have all experienced many changes in the way in which we interact with customers however the basic principles have remained the same. This best practice training programme will give delegates all the necessary skills to deliver excellence in customer service and exceed customer expectations every time.
Key Topics Covered
- Customer Service – Desirable or Essential?
- The Key Impression Points
- Maintaining Professionalism
- Creating a Professional Image over the Telephone
- Listening – the Gentle Art
- Dealing Positively with Challenging Situations
- Personal Action Plan
Who would benefit?
Anyone in a customer-facing role who would like to improve their customer service skills.
- Identifying opportunities to excel
- The significance of your actions upon an organisation’s reputation and success
- How to manage a customer’s heightened expectations and demands
- Working positively with dissatisfaction
- Maintaining professionalism under pressure
Key topics covered
- Personal introductions
- Programme overview
- Needs and expectations
2. Customer Service – Desirable or Essential?
- Reasons for emphasis on service
- A practical definition of excellent service
- The service complement – competence and care
- Consequences of good / bad service experience
- Gaining and retaining customers’ loyalty
- Current evaluation of your own / company service
3. The Key Impression Points
- When do we have a chance to impress?
- First impressions – the influences at work
- The medium and changing influences – your priorities
- Plain English · language pluses – improving understanding by being specific and positive
- Words worth deleting
4. Maintaining Professionalism
- Attitudes – company and individual
- Developing varieties of response
- ‘Responding’ rather than ‘reacting’ under pressure
- The assertive approach
- Taking responsibility – the project angle
5. Creating a Professional Image over the Telephone
- Creating a personal exchange
- Refining stages of the call
- Dealing with different types of call
- The package not a veneer – action links
6. Listening – the Gentle Art
- Hearing and listening – the difference
- Rapport – ‘useful and harmonious’ communication
- Clarifying and gaining insight
- Empathy / sympathy / apathy – validating / acknowledging
- The questioning spectrum
7. Dealing Positively with Challenging Situations
- The difficult customers – nature or nurture?
- The confident/assertive approach to mutual success
- When to apologise – benefits of active/passive language choices
- Saying ‘no’ constructively · giving bad news
- Giving thanks · managing complaints – formulae for success
8. Personal Action Plan
- Personal review of discussions
- Review of personal and company standards
- How to get suggestions accepted (the 5p method)
- Establishing your protocol – the mix right for you
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate.
For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.