What is this course about?
The aim of the course is to give individuals the opportunity to examine the pressures they face at work. They will identify their reactions to a range of situations and people; develop awareness and establish personal strategies to maximise their personal performance. This is necessary for their own benefit and that of the organisation in which they work. It is also relevant for those who manage others and have a ‘duty of care’ towards them.
Key topics covered
- Pressure and stressful situations
- Measuring the result of excess pressure
- Planning and strategy
- Behavioural patterns
Who would benefit?
Anyone who needs to review the way they work so that they do not become ill or needs to be aware of the emotional, physical and mental health of others.
The course will ensure that those attending:
- Understand the difference between pressure and stress
- Develop awareness of their own reactions and those of others
- Identify danger signs from a physical, emotional and psychological point of view in themselves and others
- Develop a personal protocol of behaviour to maximise their performance and keep a balance in their work and home life
Key topics covered
1. Pressure and stressful situations
- The difference between pressure and stress
- The positives and negatives of dealing with pressure
- What stress means to different people
- Initial reactions – Darwin and beyond
- Recognising sources of pressure – personality, events, routine
- Maintaining balance as an accelerator to achievement
2. Measuring the result of excess pressure
- Profiling current status
- Possible effects on the individual – seeing yourself and how others are affected
- Physiological, emotional and behavioural signs of pressure
- Consequences to the organisation and yourself – short and long term – of unreasonable pressureø
- Identifying your role type and that of others
3. Planning and strategy
- Understanding brain function and how to get the best out of yourself
- Physiological properties of the body – ultradian rhythms and BRAC (break rest / activity cycle)
- Planning the stages of good personal management
- Practical first steps – choosing what suits you
4. Behavioural patterns
- Choice of behaviour and patterns of communication
- Responding rather than reacting
- Time management habits
- Nutritional imperatives
- Putting everything together so that good practice becomes a habit
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.