What is this course about?
We communicate all the time but we rarely think about it. We are often not fully aware of the messages we are really sending. Building healthy working relationships is vital to business success. Communication is about being understood, understanding others and communicating well together.
A major part of this process is understanding your own personal communication style, how we can (and do!) influence other people, and how you use your style to create effective and rewarding business relationships.
Key topics covered
- The Communication process
- Reflection on communication
- Current language use
- Styles of communication
- Self acceptance and perceived position in different situations
- Persuasive communication
- Telephone communication
- Writing Skills
- Action plan
Who would benefit?
Anyone wishing to strengthen and improve their communication skills.
By the end of this course, those attending will be able to:
- Identify the best approach to use when voicing ideas and opinions to other people
- Communicate expertly face-to-face; on the telephone or in writing
- Forge more productive working relationships and avoid offending or alienating others
- Use an enhanced sense of self-value to respond in a constructive and positive manner
- Present a positive image of the organisation when dealing with the outside world
Key topics covered
1. The Communication process
- The elements
- What to reflect on before you communicate
- The factors that influence
- Visual, voice and vocabulary
- Communication without seeing the receiver or hearing a voice
2. Reflection on communication
- Transactional analysis
- Neurons and language
- English as an international language
3. Current language use
- Words, phrases, sentences
- Meaning and style
- The importance of tone
- Particular points when writing
4. Styles of communication
- Differentiating between assertive, aggressive, passive, submissive or accommodating behaviour
- Assertiveness, confidence, courage and faith
- The relationship between competence and confidence
- The characteristics that underpin effective communication
- The cultural, gender and psychological processes that influence behaviour
5. Self acceptance and perceived position in different situations
- Dealing with colleagues, customers, clients and managers
- Confidence levels when dealing with colleagues and managers
- Reactive or responsive choices
6. Persuasive communication
- Communicating in a positive manner
- The barriers to effective communication
- How to say ‘no’ without causing offence or feeling guilty
- Using body language to help emphasise messages
- The importance of eye contact and facial expression
- Using the voice to your advantage
7. Telephone communication
- An effective protocol
- The do’s and don’ts
- What is expected: what impresses
- The importance of voice on the telephone
- Clarity, speed, volume
8. Writing Skills
- Emails, letters, notes, notices, reports, proposals
- When to write and when not to
- Structure and impact
- Style and tone
- The company style, your style
- Cultural imperatives for international work
9. Action plan
- Reviewing techniques and selecting what’s suitable
- Implementing plans
- Awareness through to results
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.