What is this course about?
People are being called upon more and more to present their ideas to others. These presentations can range from talks to colleagues or to winning business and supporting written tenders. In this competitive business world, the skill of communicating clearly and convincingly is a highly valuable asset which contributes to business profitability. This course has been devised to support and develop an individual’s natural talents and to confirm that they show themselves in the best possible light.
All those attending are asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation on any topic which they can deliver to the group. If visual aids are to be used pleased make sure that these are ready for use.
Key topics covered
- Checking the basics
- Practical presentations
- Practical re-runs
- Getting decisions to go your way
- Dealing with questions
Who would benefit?
This course is suitable for anyone expected to give presentations to both internal and external parties.
At the end of the course, those who have attended will be able to:
- Examine ways of improving their impact
- Develop their confidence when speaking in public
- Improve their fluency
- Confirm the elements of good practice in presentations techniques
- Perfect their techniques for dealing with questions
- Enhance their image
- Ensure that their presentation is not the reason for business bids being rejected
Key topics covered
- Welcome and personal introductions
- Personal improvement goals
2. Checking the basics
- Preparation – the 5 Ws
- Pattern of the presentation and timing
- Types of presentation and suitability to the occasion
- Prior arrangements
- Delivery – the three influences
- Visual aids – what to use when and where
- The visual aid danger
- When to deal with questions
4. Practical presentations
- Impromptu speaking
- 5 minute presentations previously prepared
- Group / tutor appraisal
5. Practical re-runs
- Repeat of 5 minute presentations
- Group / tutor appraisals
6. Getting decisions to go your way
- Focusing on the audience / client
- Brevity – simplicity – memorability
- Influencing techniques – what’s available / what’s appropriate
7. Dealing with questions
- Responding rather than reacting
- An assertive and mature style
- How much do you need?
- Developing your personal style
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.