What is this course about?
The importance of dealing effectively with phone calls can never be underestimated. Some clients both internal and external will only ever contact your organisation via the telephone. For this reason it is essential that all members of staff are seen to have a good telephone manner and deal with calls in an efficient and professional, yet friendly way.
Key topics covered
- Creating a professional image on the phone
- Key stages of the call
- Sounding professional
- Controlling the call and getting the facts
- Managing more difficult situations
Who would benefit?
Anyone wishing to enhance and improve their telephone techniques.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Create a confident personalised service on the phone
- Identify the key stages of a call and the best code of practice
- Make a good first impression
- Build rapport
- Project professionalism by what you say and how you say it
- Ask the right questions to guide and control the call
- Handle complaints and difficult situations confidently
Key topics covered
1. Creating a professional image on the phone
- Telephone communication and your company image
- Callers’ service expectations
- The advantages / disadvantages of telephone communication
2. Key stages of the call
- Approaching a call confidently
- The importance of first and lasting impressions
- Building rapport – ‘setting the scene’
- Best Codes of Practice – creating seamless service
3. Sounding professional
- Using your voice effectively
- ‘Image wrecker’ phrases, and how to make them positive
4. Controlling the call and getting the facts
- Showing you’re listening
- Using the right questions to gain information
- The importance of clarifying and check-back
- Dealing with the ‘waffler’, ‘long-winded’ or repetitive caller
5. Managing more difficult situations
- Sustaining professionalism
- Handling complaints and dissatisfaction
- Screening calls
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.