What is this course about?
Customers have a wide range of contact options these days and there are a multitude of channels available for you to interact with your customers. However nothing will ever replace face-to-face contact with your customers and many organisations still deal with a great deal of customers in this way.
This course has been specifically designed to give delegates all the skills and techniques they need to ensure that they achieve high levels of customer satisfaction in each face-to-face interaction.
During the training delegates will develop their communication skills both verbal and non-verbal and they will have a chance to practice getting this right every time in the training room.
Workshops and case studies will be designed and developed to match your exact circumstances and will keep the course relevant throughout.
Key topics covered
- Course introduction
- Meeting and greeting
- Communication skills
- The importance of body language
- Listening skills and responding with empathy
- Different customer types
- Building rapport
- Dealing with difficult situations
Who would benefit?
Anyone who interacts with customers regularly on a face-to-face basis.
By the end of this course delegates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with customers face-to-face at all times
- Adapt their communication style to suit different customers
- Interact with every customer type including internal customers
- Listen and respond with empathy
- Use positive non-verbal communication
- Deal with difficult people and situations
- Build rapport with customers easily
- Exceed customer expectations
Key topics covered
- Defining excellence in customer service
- The face-to-face challenge
2. Meeting and greeting
- First impressions
- Acknowledgement and welcome – the golden rules
- Creating a positive impact
3. Communication skills
- Identifying different communication styles
- Adapting your communication style to suit your customer
- Positive language
4. The importance of body language
- Tips and techniques for positive body language
- Recognising your non-verbal signals
- Understanding the body language of your customer
5. Listening skills and responding with empathy
- The gentle art of listening
- Active listening
- Responding with empathy
6. Different customer types
- Understanding different customer types and their needs
- Adapting your language and behaviour to suit the customer
- The internal customer
7. Building rapport
- Putting your customer at ease
- Understanding and responding to your customers signals
- Building relationships (even in a short time)
8. Dealing with difficult situations
- Responding positively to challenging situation
- Using positive language
- Diffusing difficult situations
- When the customer goes too far
- Key learning from the day
- Developing a personal action plan
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate.For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.