What is this course about?
Appointing the right people is a fundamental ingredient for the success of any organisation together with being the beginning of a significant period of investment. By getting the process right it can lead to low turnover and high productivity. However, haphazard recruitment selection can have serious implications for the success of the organisation.
Key topics covered
- The law relating to the recruitment process
- Constructing selection criteria
- Preparing to interview
- Interviewing techniques
- Interviewing Practical
- Course summary and close
Who would benefit?
This programme has been designed for any individual involved in the selection of employees. No previous experience of interviewing is required.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the elements of employment law which are relevant to the recruitment process
- Construct selection criteria designed to ensure that candidate’s competence to do the job can be fully explored
- Plan and prepare comprehensive questioning to ensure that the interview identifies competence effectively
- Demonstrate the essential skills and techniques required for effective selection interviewing
- Make sound and objective recruitment decisions
Key topics covered
1. The law relating to the recruitment process
- Aspects of discrimination
- Direct and indirect discrimination
- Positive action/discrimination
- Access to Criminal Records
- The Asylum and Immigration Act
- Data Protection
2. Constructing selection criteria
- Assessing the vacancy
- Exit interviews for previous job holders
- Job descriptions and specifications
- Personnel specifications
- Using selection criteria to attract the right applicants
- Shortlisting effectively
3. Preparing to interview
- Using specifications and application forms or CVs
- Preparing questions
- Structuring the interview
- Ensuring that the candidate gets a fair hearing
- Working with an interview panel
- Practical exercise in planning and preparing for a selection interview
4. Interviewing techniques
- Getting the setting right
- Making a start – putting people at ease
- Questioning and probing techniques to elicit the right information
- Listening skills
- Controlling the interview
- Achieving objectives
- Evaluating information and making decisions
- Practical exercise in questioning techniques
5. Interviewing Practical
6. Course summary and close
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.