What is this course about?
Supervisors and team leaders are key people in any business. Their performance can greatly affect productivity and therefore the overall success of the organisation. The way that supervisors lead their team will affect the motivation and morale.
Supervisors are the key link between management and the rest of the workforce, playing an important role linking planning (by management) and the doing (by the workforce). Key elements of this important role are examined and delegates will learn a range of skills to help to develop and lead a strong and effective team.
Key topics covered
- Setting the scene
- Managing the transition
- The effective supervisor
- Styles of management / supervision
- Balancing needs
- Managing the work
- Assigning tasks
- Managing the team
- Managing the individual
- Managing yourself
Who would benefit?
Anyone who is going to be promoted to a supervisor or management level or anyone who is new to a role leading others.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Know how to manage the transition from team member to team leader / supervisor
- Understand their role, responsibilities and authority
- Have identified and discussed different styles of management
- Recognise the need to agree targets, standards and priorities
- Know how to manage performance and give feedback
- Understand motivation and delegation
- Know how to communicate effectively
- Be able to manage their time for maximum effectiveness
Key topics covered
1. Welcome and introductions
- Course plan and outcomes
- Personal objectives
2. Managing the transition
3. The effective supervisor
4. Styles of management / supervision
- Your preferred style
5. Balancing needs
- The task
- The team
- The individual
6. Managing the work
- The big picture
- Agreeing targets
- Setting standards
- Identifying priorities
7. Assigning Tasks
- Monitoring progress
- Liaising with management
8. Managing the team
- Working together
- Achieving results
9. Managing the individual
- Giving constructive feedback
- Dealing with performance issues
- Getting the best out of people
10. Managing yourself
- Using time effectively
- Delegating tasks
- Being a role-model
11. Action Plan
- Learning review
- Production of a personal action plan
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.