What is this course about?
We all need to build relationships at work. Persuading and influencing colleagues, senior staff, customers and clients are important unless we are always prepared to follow others’ ideas and direction.
This course is designed to bring people round to your way of thinking, remove resistance; introduce new ideas and minimise conflict.
Key topics covered
- Defining persuasion
- What others want
- Communication style
- Overcoming resistance and conflict
Who would benefit?
Anyone needing to develop and improve their influencing and persuasion skills.
At the end of the course, those attending will have:
- Examined the skills and attributes needed to improve their powers of persuasion
- Built the confidence to deal with different people or situations
- Appreciated their own and others’ style of communication
- Examined current techniques and developed others
Key topics covered
1. Defining persuasion
- The skills and qualities of an effective persuader
- Developing a pull rather than push persuasion style
- Building trust and credibility by putting yourself in other people’s shoes
- Overcoming obstacles that threaten your influencing position
- Changing views and perceptions
- Learning the importance of non-verbal communication
- The Johari window (disclosure)
3. What others want
- Identifying and questioning the values and motivations of others
- Building your listening skills to gain understanding and develop trust
- Building bridges
- Adapting your communication style to be more effective
5. Overcoming resistance and conflict
- Being assertive
- Choosing from a range of behavioural options
- Using emotional intelligence to your advantage
- Negotiating for the best outcome
- Stating your case
- Tailoring your own strategy to put your views to a meeting or one-to-one
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.