What is this course about?
The rising cost associated with a field sales team has encouraged many companies to develop the use of the telephone as a positive sales tool. All staff who actively use the telephone as a means of promoting and /or selling goods or services will gain from this course.
Delegates discuss and put into practice, with simulated role-play, up-to-date techniques required for making productive telephone sales calls. This enables better results to be achieved through the use of correct structures and control techniques.
Key topics covered
- The sales process
- Finding the correct person
- Appropriate telephone voices
- Probing to obtain information
- The matching process
- Close the sale
- Dealing with objections
Who would benefit?
All staff who take incoming calls from customers, or have to make outbound sales or appointment making calls.
At the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Understand the sales and buying process
- Structure a call
- Adopt a business style of call
- Speak to the right person
- Use their voice effectively
- Build a case for your product or service
Key topics covered
1. The sales process
- Putting yourself in the customer’s place
- Why people buy
- The structured sales call
2. Finding the correct person
- How to find the decision maker
- How to work round the ‘Gatekeepers’
3. Appropriate telephone voices
- How to use your voice more effectively
- Creating a good first impression
4. Probing to obtain information
- Best use of questions
- Listening skills to obtain client needs / wants
- How to find the target for each potential customer
5. The matching process
- How best to present your product or service
- How to show benefits not just features
- Best ways to quote the price to ensure maximum profit
6. Close the sale
- A look at a variety of closing techniques
- Gaining commitment
- Buying signals and how to recognise them
- Controlling the call
7. Dealing with objections
- Understanding why an objection has arisen
- The need to look for hidden reasons
- Anticipating objections and how to overcome them
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.